Eye Care Services
Powers Eye Center is designed to meet you and your family's eye health and prescription needs. We provide a full array of eye care services including:
- Comprehensive Eye Exams
- Eyeglasses & Frames
- Prescription Sunglasses
- Contact Lenses
- Advanced Contact Lens Fitting for Hard-to-fit Eyes
- Pediatric Eye Exams (we see children 5 and up)
- Senior Eye Care
- Diagnostic testing for early detection and treatment of eye disease, such as cataracts, dry eye, diabetic eye, glaucoma and more
- Co-management of LASIK and cataract surgery
Comprehensive Eye Exams
Our comprehensive eye exams at Powers Eye Center are affordable and include glaucoma screening, visual field testing and basic digital retinal imaging at no extra charge. Advanced Optos wide field digital retinal imaging is also available for an additional charge.
- We use Automated Phoropters for our exams. These instruments enable quick and complex comparisons not practical with the old manual devices. This provides more accurate results and less patient frustration during testing.
- Visual Field Testing is an important diagnostic tool that can reveal glaucoma as well as many other diseases of the eye and retina including neurological visual pathway and brain abnormalities.
- Many years ago we were among the first to provide Digital Retinal Imaging for our patients. At first we charged extra for this as an optional service, but quickly realized how much imaging every patient added to our diagnostic capability and the quality of our eye examinations. So, for many years now, we have included retinal photos at no additional cost to all our exam patients. They say a picture is worth a thousand words. We have found it to be worth more than that.
- Imaging provides a way to detect subtle changes in the retina, macula, optic nerve and other internal structures of the eye, that greatly enhances our diagnostic abilities.
- We keep retinal images as part of our medical eye exam record. Our previous patients benefit from our ability to compare old retinal photos with their new ones at the time of examination.
Early Detection and Treatment of Eye Disease
Powers Eye Center is equipped with the latest technology including Optos Wide Angle Imaging, and Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT). Click on the links to learn more about how these powerful tools can aid in early detection of eye disease. Early detection and treatment of eye disease is critical in the prevention of vision loss.
Advanced Contact Lens Fitting
To help you get the best fit possible, we routinely perform Corneal Topography on every contact lens patient as part of our contact lens fitting. Our Corneal Topography measures curvature on up to 22,000 locations, much more fully detecting eye shape for contact lens fitting, detection of "irregular astigmatism", detection of eye disease and detection of refractive surgery complications.
Co-Management of Cataract and LASIK Surgery
We can diagnose cataracts and help guide you through the process of cataract surgery as well as provide your pre- and post-op checks. Interested in LASIK surgery? Let us evaluate your eyes to see if you are a candidate and answer any questions you may have about this procedure.